The PyDay will be a set of activities and hands-on workshops for all people interested in Python and its local community, in Barcelona.
The event will, Septembre 17th, Saturday, start at 11:00 and will take until 20:00.
There will be five spaces:
- Sala Multimèdia, for beginners in Python and programming, with or without laptops, where some introductory workshops will take place.
- Sala Polivalent, for initiated in Python, where some more specific workshops, requiring some more knowledge, will be given. Remember to check workshops requirements, so you can bring your laptop ready.
- Sala de reunions will be used for people willing to show their skills in CodeFights tournaments set for the event.
- Presala might be available for ad-hoc unconferences that might appear.
- Hall will be held for Sponsors' spaces, coffee breaks, BoF sessions, and chitchatting.
NOTICE: Unless specified otherwise in this web, the language used by speakers will be English. However, this can be agreed between speaker and audience when starting the corresponding talk or workshop.
IMPORTANT: When registering remember to select the ticket for the food option of your preferral, and all workshops you plan to attend.
ActivitiesThe activities are :
- 11:00 Reception at Hall
- 11:10 Presentation by PyBCN organisers at Hall
- 11:15 CodeFights' Tournaments at Sala de reunions
- 11:15 Python Programming Introduction Course (I) by Eloi Puertas at Sala Multimèdia
- 11:15 Testing by Carles Barrobés at Sala Polivalent
- 12:45 Coffee Break at Hall
- 13:00 Python Programming Introduction Course (II) by Eloi Puertas at Sala Multimèdia
- 13:00 Serverless deployment on AWS with Zappa by Matthieu Boret and David Rivera at Sala Polivalent
- 14:30 Lunch break
- 15:30 Introduction to Jupyter by Ignasi Fosch at Sala Multimèdia
- 15:30 Asyncio from the theory to the practice by Pau Freixes at Sala Polivalent
- 17:00 Coffee Break at Hall
- 17:30 Introduction to web development with Django by Natàlia Padilla at Sala Multimèdia
- 17:30 Workshop on MongoDB with Python by Raúl Marín and Rubén Terceño at Sala Polivalent
- 19:00 Closing session by PyBCN organisers at Hall