- Backend Developer
You will contribute to the development and maintenance of a distributed platform that monitors the music in more than 4000 channels across the world.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of new features, bug fixing
- Platform maintenance: when an angry sysadmin tells you off because a process is overloading a machine or causing network congestion, you will remain unfazed and fix the problem quickly
- Communication with other departments: explain technical ideas to non technical people, translate customer needs into requirements
Some technical details for the curious
- All our platform runs on Linux, with a few machines on Amazon EC2
- Our server-side code is written in Python, with a little bit of C here and there
- We use MySQL as a database
- Our source code is managed with git
- BMAT's lingua franca is Spanish / Catalan, so fluency in those languages would be a plus
If you are familiar with those technologies, great! However, they are not mandatory.
If you are enthusiastic and think you can help us make Vericast a better software, you are very much welcomed to apply!
They are looking for junior and senior positions, with yearly gross salaries between 27K and 40K.
- Job offer published by: